Thursday, December 16, 2010

CHRIS ENGMAN

'I am like a sculptor or installation artist who uses photography as a tool'   Engman in interview with Marc Feustel
 
Chris Engman´s Landscapes is a truly fascinating piece. The more we keep looking at the photos the more incredible is it, thinking about the process of construction Engmans goes through for every image. Building, creating, recreating, waiting, it all gives incredible interesting results, that facenates me more every time I look at them, as good art should. 

´My version (...) asserts that photographs are not objective and can only ever tell partial truths, and beauty and emotion are constructions of the mind. For me, this doesn't lessen photography, beauty or emotion but makes them all more interesting´          Chris Engman

Three Moments


Dust to Dust

Reverse

The Meeting


Transplant

"Much of my recent work takes place in the desert at a site in eastern Washington that I found two years ago and has by its gravity kept me going back. The place, for me, has a psychologically charged but neutral energy, like an unformed dream or empty canvas waiting to be acted upon."  Chris Engman


No comments:

Post a Comment